Adding an Account
Add an Account
You can add your account by tapping More (o o o) | Various Account Settings | Add Account (+) | Add Other Account:
- If you can find your provider in the list, tap your provider | Enter your Email and Password | Next.
- If you can’t find your provider in the list, tap Other Email | Enter your Email and Password | Next | Select the type of protocol if applicable (IMAP/POP3/Exchange).
Add a Gmail Account
To add a Gmail account, tap Unified | More | Add an Account | Enter your Google Account info | Allow | Add your Name and Description
Add an Exchange Account
Add an exchange account tap (ooo) | Various Account Settings | Add Account | Add Other Account | Exchange
- Enter your Email Address – unsure of your email address? Usually your exchange email address is in the format of Username@Domain.com/.org/.net
- Enter your password – This is typically the same password used for your PC/Mac at work.
- Tap Next and wait a few seconds for your account to be setup.
Add an Account Manually
You can add your account manually by tapping More (o o o) | Various Account Settings | Add Account (+) | Add Other Account | Other Email, then follow these steps:
- Enter your Email Address and your Password.
- Untick Automatic and tap Next.
- Choose your account type: IMAP / Exchange / POP3.
- Fully configure your incoming settings and tap Next.
- Fully configure your outgoing settings and tap Next.
- Start enjoying BlueMail!
Sending an Email
To send an email in BlueMail follow these steps:
- Choose compose / reply / forward.
- Type your email.
- Tap the arrow on the top right to send.
Forwarding an Email
You can Forward an email with these methods:
- You can use the top right arrow to the left in mail view | Forward.
- You can Forward using the 3-dot-Menu in Mail View.
Archive an Email
You can Archive emails for all providers:
- You can Archive using Swipe Options in List View
- You can also Archive using the 3-dot-Menu in Mail View
Delete an Email
You can Delete an email with these methods:
You can set to confirm before deleting, using More | Global Settings | Advanced Features | Confirm Before Deleting.
Note: For Gmail accounts you can configure the delete action to be Archive instead of Delete using settings.
The Unified Inbox
Unified Inbox allows you to manage all your accounts from a single inbox. Colors designate each account so you can visually identify your accounts quickly.
The People View
The People View is a new and original way to view your Inbox and reduce its clutter.
It arranges your emails into three types:
Tapping on one of the People will open a list of all your conversations with that person.
Tapping one of the groups will display all the Group’s email threads.
Opening a Service from the People view will open a list of all the emails you got from that Service.
The display is sorted based on the newest emails to the oldest.
Bottom Bar Icons
The Swipe Menu
Swiping the email left reveals three options: Mark Read / Unread, Archive, and Delete.
You can Configure the Swipe Menus.
Navigating Between Folders
To view the folders for your current account, please tap the top-left corner and a panel with the folders list will be shown underneath the account’s name. You can also see the panel by swiping from the middle left edge of the screen.
We show folders created by your email provider first, followed by your custom folders. Simply swipe down to reveal the remainder of your folder list.
Folders created by your mail provider are called system folders. When using an IMAP account, these cannot be changed or deleted unless you do so with your provider. Here are some examples of system folders:
All other folders are user created and can be renamed, deleted, copied, moved, or created.
Note: The Inbox folder is the only one that syncs regularly, the other folders sync the instant you open them.
Refreshing the Mail List
To refresh the Mail List, pull the screen down (swipe your finger from the top of the screen downwards).
Adding a Signature
With BlueMail you can create your own custom signature.
To do so, please go to More | Signature | scroll to the account you would like to update.
You can design your signature using Bold, Italic and Underline text, change the text font and color, and also add an image.
- B / I / U – For Bold, Italic, and Underline text effects
- Default – Font Size
- Default – Font Type
- A – Change Text Color
- Embed an image or a logo by tapping this icon
Can’t see some options? Try sliding the menu to reveal other options.
HTML Support is coming soon!
We autofit the signature image so it can render it well on various recipient devices, it is best to use small images (up to 200Kb in size) and moderate dimensions (up to 500×500) if you want to maintain your logo as is.
Note: BlueMail supports still image types (jpeg, png) for the signature image.
Notification Methods and Customization
Notifications use the notification bar to show a short preview of the email.
BlueMail allows you to control the notifications method per account using More (o o o) | Notifications | select the desired account | Instant Push Settings | Push or Fetch | choose one of the available options:
- Push – To get instant notifications.
- Push (No Preview) – To get instant notifications without a preview to reduce battery usage. This will hide the preview from both the notification and the Mail List.
- No Push – To disable push notifications, but still see the emails being updated when opening the app.
- Fetch – To get periodic notifications based on the interval that you’ve set in the Fetch Interval setting.
- Manual – You won’t get any notifications or emails until you manually refresh your Mail List.
If you choose the Fetch method, you can select the Fetch Interval – and choose how often you wish to check for new emails.
Please note that currently, only emails arriving in the Inbox will trigger a notification. Notifications for folders other than the Inbox is on our roadmap and may be released in the future.
You can tailor each account to have a different notification scheme, e.g. have different options for work related accounts, and personal / family accounts.
BlueMail allows you to control the notifications per account using More | Notifications | scroll to the account and you will access a per account settings:
- Disable notifications on the top bar of each account.
- Do Not Disturb – Select specific quiet times.
- Visual | Sound | Vibrate | LED:
- Visual – Disable / Enable Visual Notifications
- Enable LED Light – Disable / Enable LED light for notifications.
- Notification LED Color – Configure LED light color.
- Incoming Sound – Disable / Enable incoming sound.
- Custom Incoming Sound – If the sound is enabled, you can choose a custom sound from the list.
- Vibrate – Disable / Enable vibration.
- Only From And Subject – Disable / Enable a short preview of the email shown on the notification.
- Enable Snooze Notifications – Disable / Enable snooze notifications.
Getting Stuff Done
Using the Tasks View
Tasks view shows all the Snoozed mails. This view allows you to distinguish all the emails you need to handle ordered from the most urgent ones. You can also see mails whose designated time has elapsed. This allows you to prioritize your time based on urgency as well as importance.
When each such task reaches it’s designated time, you get a push notification, also called snooze, as a reminder.
Mark an Email as Done
You can mark an email as Done with those methods:
Email marked Done will appear on Done and All Filters, but not on Incoming or Snoozed.
Snooze an Email
You can add an email to tasks / Snooze an email using these methods:
Snoozed Emails will appear on Snoozed and All Filters, but not on Incoming or Done.
Default Times for Later+
Using Snooze+ you can postpone handling emails for a later time, those are the default times for each option:
- Snooze Today is set to three hours ahead
- This Evening is set to 07:00 PM of today
- Tomorrow Morning is set to 09:00 AM the next day
- Next Week is set to a week ahead
- In a Month is set to a month ahead
- Some Day adds the email to the task list without a certain due date
- Pick Date allows you to choose the date and time
Note: Before 09:00 AM the option for Tomorrow morning will be This Morning, meaning it will be set to 9:00 today.
You can change the default setting for Snooze Today using More | Global Settings | Snooze Today Default.